Simpill Ltd. (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is:
6 South Nelson Road,
Information we may collect from you
We will only use the information we collect about you as allowed by law (the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)).
We collect information about you to:
- supply you with medication and advice about the medication that you are taking
- provide you with the best possible service
- record details of all medicines we supply to you, and medicines that you or your doctor tells us you can order on repeat prescription.
Examples of the information that we may collect from you include:
- Your name, date of birth, medical conditions and allergies
- Your email address
- The medication that we supply to you
- Whether you pay for your prescriptions. If you are exempt from prescription charges, we will collect and store the reason why.
- Information that your doctor supplies to us, to enable us to dispense medication safely to you
- Your payment details
Sometimes we need to ask you information to allow us to supply medicines to you safely, and we may store this information when it is necessary to do so. This information is held securely.
We will never sell your information.
We will only disclose your information if:
- Simpill Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Simpill Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may use technology to track how people use our site (please see section IP addresses and cookies below).
We will only keep your personal information for as long as we need it; and only for the purpose(s) we collected it for; and to comply with our legal or professional requirements.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and/or on our NHS-accredited electronic Patient Medication Record (PMR).
Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Your email address
We may use your email address to communicate to you, to help us to supply your medication (and advice about your medication) to you safely.
If we have your permission to send you marketing emails, we will use your email address for marketing purposes. You can opt out of receiving marketing emails at any time
The Simpill App
We may use the Simpill App to communicate to you, to ensure that we supply your medication to you safely.
You can ask us in writing for a copy of all the personal information we hold about you. We will respond to your request within one calendar month. We will not charge you for a printed copy of the information. Please contact us in writing for further details.
To learn more about your rights, please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to collect aggregate information that help us to improve our site and deliver a better service.
This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
To make a complaint about how we collect, store or handle your personal information
If you want to complain, or exercise any of your rights relating to your personal information, you should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org , preferably including “Data Protection” in the email heading.
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Phone: 0303 123 1113