We are here to help you manage your medication by providing a convenient way to receive your NHS Prescriptions.
This is available for all individuals over the age of 18 with a GP based in England. It is free to sign up and allows you to have medication delivered directly to you.
- Free delivery on all NHS Prescriptions
The standard cost of a prescription in England is £9.35 per item. Most adults who are in employment will have to pay this charge.
Free prescription entitlement
Some people in England are entitled to free NHS prescriptions without the need for an exemption certificiate. These groups include people who are:
- over the age of 60 or under the age of 16
- Aged 16-18 and in full-time education
- receiving income-based benefits
- receiving medications that are free on the NHS such as contraception
Patients who have a specified medical condition may receive support with an exemption certificate to help pay for prescription costs (MedEx). If you’re in one of the exemption groups and are on regular medication then you may be entitled to free prescriptions.
Patients can also apply for a maternity exemption certificate (MatEx) if you are pregnant or have had a baby in the previous 12 months.
Students over the age of 19 can apply for help through the NHS low income scheme.
To find out if you are eligible for free or reduced prescription costs, please consult the NHS eligibility calculator. To apply for a medical exemption certificate, please speak to your GP.
- You can choose to receive a paper copy whenever you are issued a prescription from your GP. This copy will contain a barcode that will be scanned to download your prescription.
- To get your medication dispensed through Simpill, take a photo of your paper prescription and upload it during the ordering process.
- Choose Simpill as your nominated pharmacy by registering and setting up an account with us.
- Your GP will then send your prescriptions electronically to Simpill.
- This is especially convenient if you receive regular or repeat prescriptions because you will no longer have to collect from your GP.
- Use the NHS app to see your available medications and to order your repeat prescriptions.
- This prescription will then be sent to your GP if you have chosen a paper prescription or sent electronically to Simpill if you have nominated us as your pharmacy.